Skip to main content
What myth or stereotype about where you live is not true?
- New Zealand.
We don't fuck sheep. We're very kind to them. Sometimes we'll even send them flowers afterward.
— MurrayMcScurrilous
- Someone from Boston once asked me if we have internet or wear shoes in Alabama. I mean there are definitely some banjo picking areas, but for the most part it’s pretty normal.
— heyybeth
- That no one is actually *from* Florida, everyone is a transplant.
I've actually met a lot of FL natives.
— barmaid
- Australia being completely filled with dangerous animals.
Maybe in bushy areas and outback but definitely not where 95% of the population live.
For reference, in my one month in the US, I saw more snakes in the wild than I have in 2 decades in Australia.
Special mention to: "Shrimp on the barbie." It's a fucking prawn not shrimp
— iamacrayfish
- We, unfortunately, do not travel by polar bear or moose to work.
— pumpkinrum
- France
We have very few mimes, almost no one wears berets and we won't kiss you to say hello,most people will make cheek contact with a kissing sound, mainly women with women or men with women.
I'd continue with the cliches but I've got a strike to attend to and some complaining to do
— Themarshal2
- A lot of people think Illinois is just a huge cornfield with Chicago at the top when in reality we actually grow beans here too
— Someguyinamechsuit
- Most of us speak normally, new yorker.
— OvyZ_
- Texas is not just made up of deserts and dry grasslands. Its also full of marshes, towering forests, tropical areas, etc. Its a mishmash of almost every kind of enviornment you can think of (except anything that could be cold).
The version of Texas you see on TV that is a desert full of oil wells is actually a reference to West Texas. North Texas is largely grasslands dotted with marshes. East Texas is forested. South Texas is very humid and tropical. Central Texas has aspects of all except for the desert.
— ageekyninja
- A lot of people think Indiana is boring and there's nothing to do, but that's not true at all. There's NASCAR, meth, college sports, meth, the dunes, meth, and also meth.
— captainmagictrousers
- I'm from Montana, and no one ever rode a horse to my school (although a bunch of people once drove tractors).
Also, some people seem to think we have southern accents. Get a map. We're in the north.
— PurryFurry