Skip to main content


In what hobby is the difference between a beginner and an expert the most obvious?


  1. Woodworking. "Hey, I made this cutting block!" to "I made this oak wardrobe set, I'm going to pass them down to my kids one day"
    — Ryokurin

  2. Blacksmithing. They make art, I make a dinged up metallic chunks that kinda look like something.
    — camradio

  3. Music. Beginners are unlistenable whereas experts are a joy to listen to.
    — FatuousOocephalus



  4. Sign language interpreters
    — MACKSBEE

  5. Drawing. I decided to learn how to draw like a week ago, and I struggle with everything: straight lines, symmetry, smooth transition. It takes me eternity to understand how to picture something easy. Then i go to YouTube and watch a professional artist and i am totally amazed. The composition, how easy it looks, how from few simple shapes they can craft a masterpiece. I am so jealous.
    — AbbadonDaGraet

  6. Comedy. Holy shit it's stand-up comedy. It's so obvious to tell how much experience a comedian has on stage literally the second they step out there. Before they even open their mouths.
    — Outrageous_Claims



  7. Fly fishing
    — seldonproject

  8. Finish carpentry
    — hecameforyoursins23

  9. Surgery. The survival rate is a dead giveaway.
    — DrEnter



  10. So everything?
    — DickTrickledme



Top Questions