Skip to main content
What strange thing have you witnessed/experienced that you cannot explain?
- I was at a bar with and I was talking to some dude I just met and a girl came over and started chatting us up. Mid conversation out of nowhere she puts her hand on her head and says to the other guy "You are from Brownsville" I don't remember the city name but it is a small town of like 500 people. The dude looked completely dumbfounded and replied that indeed he was from that city. She said that is weird because once every 2 or 3 years she has these crazy flashes of information about people she is talking to but don't know them personally. It was really weird and the guy was blown away and I was kind of in awe. I don't believe in real psychic abilities or anything but this tested me. Also it could have just been fake and she really knew he was from there but crazy experience anyway.
— 1Doctore
- Years ago my dad’s uncle passed away. Years before that, said uncle got my parents a fancy bottle of tequila from Mexico and it’s been on the front room display shelf with a bunch of other dust covered sculptures and glass work for at least 12 years. It’s out of reach and untouched (no one in my immediate family drinks). On the day of his passing, I’m in the front room reading and my dads doing his taxes. we get a phone call with the bad news. My dad continues his taxes while letting me know his uncle passed in a few short words. Not 30 seconds later and the tequila bottle his uncle got my parents starts playing music. This is odd to me because I thought it was just a bottle so I ask. “Do we have a music box?” My Dad continues his taxes and tells me the bottle has a music box built in, and that was the only reason he kept it. I clarify “Did you wind it recently?” And he just keeps filing and says “nope” and I was ready to leave it at that but he says still all casually occupied “I imagine uncle David wanted to say goodbye one last time.” That is the only time it has made a noise as long as I’ve been alive. Of all days and times. I never knew what to make of it. It just made me uncomfortable
— ASpacePotatoe
- I came out of a store one day and turned the corner to see a crow trying to read a paper-back novel on a park bench. He was perched on the bench, turning pages with his beak. When he noticed me staring, he hopped away like I caught him red-handed, and took flight a moment later. Ended up getting a tattoo of a crow reading a book because the incident left such an impression on me. No one really seems to believe me, but dude, corvids are fucking *smart*. I figure it was either imitating a person, or trying to harvest the pages for a nest, but either way, strange experience.
Edit: Since a couple people asked and missed my reply, [here's the tattoo](https://i.imgur.com/meNuXhb.jpg).
— HedonisteEgoiste
- I woke up with sleep paralysis with the understanding my uncle died. I get a phone call around 4 AM from my mom to tell me my uncle is on his death bed and that I should swing by in the morning.
Pretty sure it was just his body on the bed, breathing on automatic and that he left hours back.
— rAlexanderAcosta
- My story isn't nearly as strange as some of the others but its one that has stuck with me my whole life.
My friend and I used to love to go and hang out in one of the local cemeteries. I guess because we were just weird. This was an older cemetery and was no longer used so it didn't have any new graves in it.
One day while we were hanging out and just wandering around we stumbled upon a new looking grave marker. It stuck out like crazy because all of the other markers were old and gray and crumbling. On some of them you could barely make out the names. This marker was much newer and the name and dates was clearly visible. It was also a rather neat red marble color which was really different from all of the others.
We didn't think much of it and just continued our trip through the cemetery. We sat down under this big tree in the middle and talked and laughed and did other stupid kid things. After an hour or so we decided it was time to leave. We crossed right by where the new grave marker had been and it was gone. We both kind of freaked out a little bit and searched the whole graveyard looking for the brand new marker and it wasn't there.
We checked for it several more times on different visits and never found it again. It was just weird and some thing neither of us could ever explain.
— marblelover707
- When I was about 12 I was playing outside on a really windy day and a blue flying thing the size of a water bottle zoomed into my yard and got caught in some spider web in a bush. It's wings were clear so it wasn't a bird but the thing was huge and weird if it was a bug (I lived in the Mojave desert CA at the time if anyone can think of something it could have been) and freaking the fuck out tangled in the web and branches. It was thrashing so fast I couldn't get a good look at it and I just kept staring at it in disbelief cause I couldn't stop thinking "that's a fucking fairy" I go over and try to detach it from the web and it breaks free. At the speed of fuck you it was gone again.
— ImpatientMudcrab
- [removed]
— [deleted]
- On a boat, trolling for yellowtail amidst a school of dolphin about 4 miles off San Diego (dolphin are too smart to take lures, aren't shy near small boats, and feed on the same bait schools as yellowtail and tuna, so it's strategic to follow them). As if cued, all ~50-75 dolphins simultaneously stopped jumping and disappeared into the depths for about 30 seconds. Immediate, unnerving quiet. With great fanfare, they all suddenly burst out of the water in a near-perfect row about a football field wide, and for a while, synchronized jumps ahead of our boat. Then they were gone. Showing off for my dad and I? Normal behavior? Who knows, but it was awesome.
— partycentral